Expression Blend Design Time Data Using MVVM
Today’s show features Microsoft MVP and Identity Mine integrator Laurent Bugnion. Laurent discusses his experience with working in XAML applications that use MVVM and working with developers and designers to create beautiful applications.
The interview includes the following topics:
- Origins of MVVM
- Advantages of using Blend
- Role of integrator
- Providing design time data to Blend with MVVM includes the answers to these questions:
- Who prepares the data?
- What are the mechanics that Blend uses to display design time data?
- Where does the data live in the program?
- How is the data provided to Blend?
- Ways to overcome paint points in Blend
- Applications must pass the “Blendability” test
- Failure is often dictated by poorly abstracted dependencies on databases, services etc.
- Test often in Blend
The following links are resources mentioned in the show: